TheBanyanTree: Luck of the Irish

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:14:39 PST 2006

Well, it's been a full week now.  We're not talking every day now, like we
were.  That's pretty much okay with me, I think.  It's not time to break off
contact yet--there's still some things to split between us, some of which,
like our pictures together, are going to be positively Solomaic (is that a
word?) to decide upon their final fate.

I plan to keep some of the pictures, if it comes to that.  It's a part of my
life, and someday I'm going to want to see the way things were, so that I
can look back from a better perspective and see things that used to be.
There's no real reason to be angry about our time together--just a little
sad that she decided there couldn't be any more of them.

It's amazing to me how much different I feel at work now---I had a
spectacular week, enrolling 3 students in the same week, a personal best.  I
am still a little behind for the month, but I have confidence that I can
still make it to my monthly goal.  Everyone is noticing a big change in my
general demeanor lately.  She always said I processed things very
quickly--and while she didn't always think that was such a good thing, it's
serving me well now.

Funny work story--one person gave their phone number as 867-5309 and asked
for a phone call.  I didn't notice at first and dialed it, getting the usual
NIS message.  When I did the re-dial to be sure I had put the right number
in, I realized what they had done.

Very funny, whoever you were.

Naturally, as per a conversation a long time ago here in the branches, it
was in my head for the rest of the day.

All in all, I think I'm going to make it.  I'm still not sure what I'm going
to do with the rest of this year--stay here at home, get a new place back in
the city, or try to become a suburbanite.  And right now, that's something
to think about another day.

For now, I just need to take it one day at a time and trust in the luck of
the Irish.

-Rob