TheBanyanTree: Moving Right Along...

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 20:52:43 PST 2006

Day 4 now.  I didn't cry today, and I only cried a little bit yesterday.
I'm starting to accept that this is my new life now, and that it's tome to
make like Kermit and Fozzie and "Move Right Along."  I can't sit here and
wait for her, and the longer it goes, the less I think I want to.

While I've lost the "freedom" of being out from home--let's face it, even
the best parent is going to keep looking over your shoulder when you're
living at home, just like when you were 17--I feel ironically like I've
gained some control again.  What I do going forward is mine to decide, and
only mine.  It might be nice again some day to be making decisions for an
"us" again, but not right now.  Not for awhile, anyway.

I did better at work today.  I didn't think things at home were affecting me
there, but I think they were.  Probably couldn't be helped, you know?  But I
didn't see that, either.  Looks to me like I didn't see a lot of things.

I have to start getting more things from the apartment, now that my late
days are done for the week.  I'm sure that will make things harder for me
again.  Right now, I'm managing a lot better than I ever thought I would 4
days ago.  I'm starting to think of the relationship in the past-tense
rather than the present.  I'm starting to laugh again--I was a joke a minute
in work meetings, which is really how I operate.  I haven't done that in a
few weeks, and especially not in the last few days.

As Mr. Morrison sings sweetly to me this evening, I have to accept that
"This is the end."  After all, he also keeps promising me this LA
Woman.....  ;)

-Rob