TheBanyanTree: old dog

paul paul at remsset.com
Wed Jul 5 21:39:44 PDT 2006

After a few months of the Real Estate folks screwing around, we bought
this place in 1992. November.  Why it took from early August to mid
November is a mystery.

The folks living here needed some time to move out.  No problem.  Get
out by the end of December, ok?

The house in Austin suddenly sold so we went on a death march to clear
that house and get moved.  In January.  A wet cold icy January.  And
the sale fell through.  Old history.

First time I saw Fred was late September.  1992.  Heh, that's a long
time ago but it's like last month.  Anyway, I'm out in the garage
messing around and Mike comes by with this little puppy.  Cuter than
shit.  Like most puppies are.  And this little puppy decides I'm his
bestest friend.  Like most puppies do.  With me.

But Fred, well.  He's been my Fred ever since we met and I've been his
Paul ever since.  I have more dogs but Fred is still first.

Finally, we get moved out here.  January of 1993.  And Fred comes to
live with me in March.  Well.... he's my shadow while I'm clearing
brush and building bird pens and the barn and and and and whatever,

Ok.  Fred is getting old.  Figure he was born in July 1992.  Now he is
14 years old?  14?  Oy.  I don't feel 14 years older.

He seems to be in good health.  Going deaf like Theta's Sam, but maybe
that's a Brittany Spaniel bird dog thing.

But he's getting skinny.  He eats like a pig, like he always has.  He
seems happy and healthy, though deaf.

This getting skinny is normal for old dogs?  What should I feed him?

Fred seems happy.  So I'm happy.

paul
   http://remsset.com

   Always smile.  It makes people wonder what you're up to.