TheBanyanTree: renga anyone?

Scott Daniels scotrace at mac.com
Sat Jan 14 22:02:01 PST 2006

I can't seem to *get* poetry. It's sort of like my daughter's algebra homework.
Seems like either one has the gene for poetry or one doesn't. Though I have worked my way through Milton and I love Burns and Whitman (quite a group).

Well, I can write limericks all day, but that hardly qualifies. Any guy can find a dozen ways to rhyme "Nantucket."

A friend, PHD in English Lit, says that poetry must be learned to be appreciated. That you have to study it, step by step. Seems like a worthwhile study.

Just a few lines, Sachet, and you touched on all the images that make for a complete (rather nice) Picture.

Scott