TheBanyanTree: Philip

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Wed Jan 18 05:11:11 PST 2006

Maybe some of you remember my young son who, just before his 25th
birthday had a series of heart attacks about 2 years ago.  He ended up
having a total of 4 and his heart stopped beating during angioplasty
with the last one.  They revived him and for the last (almost) 2 years
he has come back to his normal self pretty much.  He returned to school
(3.75 average) and works a part-time job.

Well, here we are almost to his 27th birthday and he just had his 5th
heart attack.  I had almost forgotten the terror and the pain of the
possibility of losing your child until yesterday.

He is in Baltimore at Johns Hopkins hospital looking to bypass surgery
in the very, very near future.  He has two aneurisms, one of which is
blocking two arteries and a clot has formed.  Right now he is resting
comfortable and is stable with lots of heparin and other blood thinners
being pumped through his veins.

I am asking once again for all of your prayers, positive energy and
good thoughts for my son Philip.

Thank you.

Sharon