TheBanyanTree: Politics and the Tree

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Sun Dec 31 12:21:37 PST 2006

Yes, Glo~ee that's because you are unique and can be reasonable and keep
other members feelings and personal convictions in mind when you state
your beliefs or opinions. Not many people can do that and the Tree has
lost too many treasured members over the years to political rants. Shall
I name a few and you can mourn their loss with me?.....John Bailey and
Tabbycat...I miss them. All over politics.

It's simply not worth it to most of us. Some conveniently call it
censorship, others call it caring enough to keep mutual respect as a
foundation of the Tree.

As you say, there are a multitude of lists online that welcome political
opinions stated in any format, be it rant or calmly stated opinion. We
certainly never suggest that Tree members are not welcome to join one.

....Sachet