TheBanyanTree: Fete of Clay

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 19:04:19 PST 2006

Sometimes when I journal I wonder if anyone but me will ever
read those musings.  Most likely I won't even read them
again.  I wonder why anyone would choose to get involved in
another person's life, yet all of us do that every time we
read a story here.  And every story we offer is an
invitation into us.

It's been said, "You are what you eat." Since I haven't
turned into coffee, fruit, nuts, slaw or Christmas toffee
yet, that must be sort of only metaphorically true..
Everything I behold becomes a part of me, and I try to be
careful with what I give my attention.  It is an interesting
place to be, this melting pot of minds, this place where our
experience is expanded from a life outside our own.  I
sculpt my life some with clay gathered here.

Tom