TheBanyanTree: Dancing with Edwardo

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 13:22:39 PDT 2006

It is either Edwardo or Frances or Henry, or whatever their anonymous names
might be, as we dance through another Florida hurricane season.

Look out, Beth, Edwardo might have his eye on you.

We have been very lucky this year . . .except for the red tide . .except for
the unexplained manatee die-off and the dead fish on the beaches, and now the
prospect of oil in the water (from the new agreement to permit drilling off
the coast)  Now  I didn't agree. It was some other, stupid morons that want to
wring the last drop from wherever they might find it.

But, it is the hurricanes we watch closely during the summer.  After the last
two years, Home Depot and Lowes and other lumber stores have had runs on
plywood, lanterns, generators. They even stock bottled water.  Imagine paying six
bucks for two dozen little bottles of water. I bet we waste that much waiting
for the shower to warm up.

Geez, I must be in a mood today.

I didn't buy any plywood this year. I already have a generator and lanterns,
and I certainly did not buy any  bottled water.  However, I am keeping an eye
on Edwardo, and another little swirl off the coast of Africa.  I check out the
real estate market in Tennessee or Arkansas, though I can't imagine moving
anywhere that may freeze.

I visit Tennesse, and it is beautiful there. Those who live in flat country,
as much of Florida is, learn to adore the mountains and rolling land of
Tennessee or any other state. A little cabin overlooking a lake in Tennessee, or in
Arkansas with a short drive to Branson Missouri sounds nice. However, it snows
there. And someone told me not to buy on a mountain in Tennessee if you
intend living year-round. The ice storms in winter, you see. You get to town, but
you can't go home again, if you live up the mountain.

I might just stay here. I wonder if I can still get some plywood.

NancyLee