TheBanyanTree: rain

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 14:35:25 PDT 2006

Wow.  For the last few weeks we've had no rain to speak of.  Yeah, a couple
of those quick summer afternoon showers that don't do more than make
everything all steamy, but nothing else.  Last night and today they were
saying we had a 50% chance of "thundershowers".  Last night we got half an
inch.  Not much but better than nothing.  Today, about 12:15pm, it started
raining.  No, I mean RAINING.  No lightning or thunder, just pouring rain.
It continued raining until well after 3:30pm.  In that time we got an
additional 2.9 inches of rain!  That's practically unheard of in August in
KY.  Yippee!!  Now maybe the grass and trees won't die.  :)  I'm afraid it's
too late for the potted flowers on the front stoop.
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com