TheBanyanTree: Serendipitous

maria gibson spaceforone at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 17:10:51 PDT 2006

He smelled for all the world like Kyle, formerly known as the love of my
life.   Axe Kilo, cigarettes and beer.  Dude saw me sitting on the bottom
step of the second floor stairs of the Motel 6 in Williamsburg, VA, state
for lovers and those pining for former asshole lovers.  Seems Virginia can
accommodate all of us.  He had been walking down the road from who knows
where, headed to I didn't care.  Looked up and saw me sitting there smoking
in the early morning light, asked for a cigarette and came up to collect the
three I held out to him.  Started talking.  Interestingly at first and with
an odd sense of what I had been thinking about.  Told me I was beautiful and
launched into a long speech about believing in oneself even when one is in a
lot of pain and that men had a habit of letting go of a good thing.  Swear,
he got there and just went into a diatribe about relationships and life and
it would have seemed strange at a different time but I just listened and
sucked in his words.  I didn't contribute much and just let him talk for a
while which seemed to spur him on; it was working for me at the moment.  Had
lots to say about men not knowing how to treat a woman well and what those
women shouldn't put up with.  Amazing.  My own early morning drunken angel
in the midst of his journey, neither end of which meant anything to me, was
dropped into my lap.  His tri-cologne, so familiar to me, filled my nostrils
and heart with the smells of one I loved/love deeply.  Haven't seen or
smelled Kyle in a month, a month spent with heart and mind wracked with an
untouchable ache to hold him and breathe in his essence.  A month of tears
spilling at the most inconvenient moments leaving me without the ability to
stop them from their chartered course down my face to their final
destination aty feet.  Helplessly on so many occasions this past month I
have been held prisoner by their salty liquid sadness.  Not a lot of fun.

And just as Kyle did, my angel showed his true colors.  I didn't actually
want my knee touched so I told him I'd fuck his world up and throw him over
the railing.  He wanted me to repeat myself; I repeated myself.

He left.

Maria