TheBanyanTree: Flashing before my eyes

sash sash at remsset.com
Fri Aug 4 18:43:51 PDT 2006

It is the last few minutes of my life at the Portland French School, and I
am finding that it is really true what they say.  When your life comes to
an ending, the past will flash before your eyes.

I am deleting files, moving files, and changing person settings.  As
THOUSANDS of files and emails are shuffled from one bit of magnetic disk
to another, the names flicker across the screen.

The years of art curriculum - Matisse-banners.pdf, Kandinski-bio.doc,
Thanksgiving.jpg, saltdough.doc, la citrouille, les feuilles, le
jardin....

Another folder flies into the archives - deposition_boly, director_search,
IRS_settlement...

The financial documents Cash_flow_02 (03,04,05,06,07...), Vendor_plea,
Salary_matrix, Working_wages_options...

I feel my heart tighten, then ease, tighten, then ease.

I am leaving this all behind.  The stress, the disillusionment, the drama.
 The diversity, the enrichment, the flow.

All the victories and challenges.

It was a good thing that I did here.  I saved this school from financial
ruin and built it to be stable enough to survive my leaving.

I have made a difference at this school.

This school has made a difference in me.

Together, this school and I have made a difference in the lives of
hundreds of children who will grow to make a difference in the world.

So it goes.

Sign me, one last time:
--
SarahAnne Hazlewood
Comptable et administratrice d'entreprise