TheBanyanTree: Darn kids!

Laura wolfljshus at insightbb.com
Fri Aug 4 15:53:22 PDT 2006

While we were unloading the groceries, my youngest (13)
was telling me all about his new favorite video game.  He
mentioned that if you didn't hide, you might get killed
while you were AFK.  Then he gave me this little
condesending look and said, "That means 'gone'."

I said, "I *know* what it means, little man!  Away From
Keyboard.  I was chatting online before you were born!"

"Oh."  he said.  "Don't you mean AFT?"

"Huh?"

"Away From Typewriter, if it was *that* long ago."

I chased him out of the kitchen, down the hall, and into
his room.

Brat.

;)

--