TheBanyanTree: That Side

Cecil cctalley at uia.net
Wed Apr 19 11:57:30 PDT 2006

At 4:06 PM +1000 4/19/06, Peter Macinnis wrote:
>Cecil wrote:
>>>At 11:15 PM -0400 4/18/06, maria gibson wrote
>>>
>>>I sure do love sitting outside in the spring.
>>>
>>>Maria
>>

>>         The air is warm, and the  sky is blue.
>>         The leaves are green-yellow because they're new.
>>         Your feet go skipping; the birds all sing.
>>         The whole world is happy because it is spring.
>>
>>                     --composer not known
>
>Not the whole world, alas!  Here in Sydney, an Australian
>mock-autumn is falling.

To little school kids who sing this song, this is the whole world. or
it used to be, before the jet age.

When one of my granddaughters was a little girl, she sang the song to
me. Years later, after she was grown up and married, I sang it back
to her, and she didn't remember it.
My feet no longer go skipping, but I'm not too old to remember the
feeling. This little song expresses the feeling perfectly.

Cecil