TheBanyanTree: Moviemaking Secrets Revealed

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 11:26:45 PDT 2006

How people in Hollywood get money to make movies:

They call people like me and ask me to invest in their films. Now, I get
calls from people wanting me to "invest" here or "invest" there, great money
making opportunities all around, I am surrounded by the possibilities of
making untold riches when this stock or that stock goes up or down or around
or whatever stocks do. Where they get my unlisted phone number is a mystery
to me, since it is, as I just mentioned, unlisted, but they do.

But this is the first chance I've had to invest in a movie. A MOVIE! I could
be a part of the Hollywood elite! First, I start with a small investment,
then a slightly bigger investment, and then, before you know it, I'm
producing my own movies! The guy on the phone started by tossing off the
names of some major movies to convince me that this was REAL, this is an
OPPORTUNITY, this could be how I make my fortune!

So I asked him where I'd be listed in the credits.

I did not find his response satisfactory. So I told him to go away.

Another opportunity at fame and fortune, tossed aside like yesterday's
garbage. When will I ever learn?