TheBanyanTree: Rob's World Tour

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:48:00 PDT 2006

Good God, you all have no idea how much better I feel about life today than
six weeks ago.  No fricking idea at all.

I am on the Rob World Tour, and I'm gonna keep on rocking in the free world
(sorry, Mr. Young) until it tries to kick me in the ass.

And then, when it does, I'm going to dust myself off, put back on my
non-existant bowler cap, and keep on going.

Dad asked me if I had learned anything from all this.

I did:  Don't settle for what you think life has to be.  Go for what you
want it to be.

I may take my lumps, and things won't always be as I planned, but no more
reactive.  It's time for being proactive.

And by God, from hiking to sushi to Flagstaff to comedians to writing to
scrabble to RPG to Sri Lankan beer to British Humour to hanging out to
oldies to fishing to reading to having the weirdest dreams this side of
Vertigo Comics, I'm going for it and NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER looking back.
I thought 2006 was looking like the end of my world.  I couldn't have been
more wrong.

-Rob