TheBanyanTree: Lunch out with the girls

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 13:34:04 PDT 2006

We had lunch at the local  Olive Garden yesterday with a few friends and
neighbors and decided we were our own club.  We are a rowdy, romping, stomping
lot, and are going to call ourselves the "Red Hat Rednecks".  The place was
jammed, so we ate out in their courtyard, which we had all to ourselves, it being
hottish.  We wanted two tables pulled together, since we were crowded at the
small table. The waiter tried hard, but could not bring another table over. He
could not budge it, no matter how we cheered or cajooled, since it seemed to be
bolted to the floor. The waiter finally let us use one of those small folding
tables pulled close for our extra breadsticks and salad bowls.

We had our fill of their salad and soup and breadsticks lunch special , and
after, walked, enmass, to Pier One, next door. CiCi bought a lantern and stand
for our new lanai.  Now, THAT was a trick to get home, since we came together
in one smallish car and everyone had purchases to put in the trunk.

  We then, still overfull of lunch, went to the nearby Goodwill, where we
bought more stuff. I found an absolutely outrageous silk, multi-colored jacket
which would be perfect for horse shows.  ANYTHING to catch the judges eye, you
see. Another of our group found a blazing red jacket with black velvet collar.
The best was a shirt in stars and stripes and sequins. I was so jealous. In
showing miniature horses, the "handlers" all try to dress glitzy. It is hotter
than blazes in Florida in the Summer, so you try to find light fabrics, and
buy things at the Goodwill, so if you ruin it,  there's not a lot of expense
wasted.

Everyone found something there, even jeans.  Out in the country, you can't
have too many pairs of jeans.

It was a task getting everything stuffed in that tiny trunk and all our
apres-lunch bodies jammed in that small car.

We make even a simple lunch out an adventure.

NancyLee