TheBanyanTree: That Side

maria gibson spaceforone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 20:15:51 PDT 2006

The cars were whizzing by as fast as they could go, it seemed.  Bigger and
bigger get the roads because bigger and bigger get the cars.  Was just
thinking what a beautiful, small country road this was when I first moved
here when I saw a young lady walking down the sidewalk.  Don't see a lot of
that anymore.  She looked down at me through the trees and had the biggest
smile on her face.  I sure was pleased to see her wave back, seems to be a
lost art anymore.  Used to be I'd get to wave at a lot of folks but not much
now since life became busier than I ever thought I'd live to see it be.  The
trees are so bushy with new leaves now that she was gone almost as soon as I
saw her and I got back to business.  I don't have too many chores at my
son's house but no one else will take the time to bust up the yard waste and
I'm just as happy to have something to do anyway.

I sure do love sitting outside in the spring.

Maria