TheBanyanTree: My daughter's visit, speaking of airlines

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 20:16:09 PDT 2006

My daughter came to visit. She had planned on staying a week.  It was grand
to see her, to get reacquainted with her again.  She is my joy, and I wish we
lived closer so we could continue our regular hours-long gab fests.  But, she
was here a week, so that was good.

I had her departure as the 11th, and was corrected. She said she was leaving
on the 12th, and even had the airline's confirmation on that.  So, we spent
her last day shopppng for souvrniers, one more sushi outing, one more cone from
our favorite ice cream place, and a pound of fudge for her to take home from
the Fudge Factory. We had not done everything on her list of "musts", but that
leaves something for her next visit.

That evening, she called the airline to reconfirm, and check on the flight
status for the next day . .and to her dismay . .learned that her flight WAS the
11th.  Someone at the at the airline had made a mistake.  Tuesday was the
11th,  NOT the 12th.

She had to frantically search for another ticket home (losing the money spent
on the flight leg she missed.)  The only flight out was from a more distant
airport, and late, late at night.  It meant she was here another whole day.

I don't think she minded, either. Even though her fiance was missing her.

A great visit, and a bonus two days.

NancyLee