TheBanyanTree: Ten Revelations (revealed while sitting under a dead tamarind tree)

B Drummond redd_clay at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 1 09:19:38 PST 2006

1. Remember, when you say, "You're born into family, but choose your friends,"
some other family member has you in mind specifically when saying the same
thing.

2. Even gentle giants have an end to their patience.  Pray that you don't see
it up close.

3. There are all types of friends but one kind of true friend.

4. Suffer not fools lightly but suffer them nonetheless -- for, behold, even
you are one every once in a while.

5. Junk mail, spam and yet another credit card application in the mail are the
scourges of modern life.  I hope they and those behind them are destroyed
first in a nuclear attack.

6. When you wife asks, "Honey, does this make my butt look too big?", lie like
a dog if you have to to protect her self esteem.

7. Put great effort at enjoying the good days to their fullest . . . and even
more effort to remember the good ones during the bad.

8. When your spouse says, "I'll be right there," remember "right there"
is an intentionally relative term.

9. No wound heals slower than a deep gash to the heart.

10. You know, Alfred E Neuman really WAS on to something when he said,  "What,
me worry?"

   bd
     -----