TheBanyanTree: Daily Exercise

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 05:55:52 PDT 2005

Well, I'm back at it.  I've had a fun (?) month or so of no exercise and
not really paying attention to what I eat and now comes the hard part.
The return.  I have been here too many times and you'd think I'd learn
but, no.  I think it does get easier to return after you learn to the
core of your heart that it is possible.  I mean, when you are at the
beginning and fail, it's very difficult to imagine that you can actually
pick up the pieces and go again.  But if you do pick them up and keep on
trucking despite a lapse here and there, experience some success along
the way, you come to realize that what you do or don't do is a choice
and you can choose wisely if you choose to.  That's a lot of choosing to
have to go through, isn't it?  Kinda makes you want to lie down and
fuggedaboutit.  That would be easy.

Went to the Y this morning as I did yesterday morning.  As I did on
Monday evening.  Three times feels like a pattern and as I sweated on
the elliptical machine today and felt like getting off at ten minutes
and then at twenty, I had to remind myself that this was only going to
be thirty minutes.  Who can't give thirty minutes from their day to look
better, feel better and get them closer to a life's goal?  WHO??  Well,
when I put it like *that* to myself, who am I to argue?  WHO??  No one,
that's who; I dare not argue with myself when I'm being reasonable.

God knows there are plenty of times I should be arguing with myself so I
won't waste it like that.

Maria