TheBanyanTree: Random Question

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 12:05:07 PDT 2005

"Why do people get so touchy feely when they're drinking?"

Ohhhh, I don't know about other people but for me it's a near constant
state of mind.  I like to connect, really connect and skin to skin
contact is the ultimate connection.  From light brushes of finger tips
on the hand to gentle caresses on the arm, they can be unintentional or
sexy and innocuously alluring.  Warm and slow back rubs or a stray arm
draped on the shoulder.  Close enough to feel body heat as a lean in is
a not quite lean on, skin scents can drift into personal space and make
one wonder.
Innocent.  Not so innocent.  Contact of one to another in a familiar
fashion creates intimacy and interest.  I have a need for touch, an urge
to get closer.  Most of the day, most of the time, the awareness of
social graces keep these urges at bay except when there is an existing
bond or emotion of some sort.  Then, it is harder to control.  It is
harder to control when relaxation takes over.  It takes on a life whose
demise no longer makes sense and the next thing I know, I am touching.

Please let me know if it makes you uncomfortable.

"Uh, sorry Dude..."

Maria