TheBanyanTree: Will

Theta theta at garlic.com
Mon Oct 31 17:21:45 PST 2005

Mark Funk wrote:

>Like Nancy, I am anguishing over mementoes of the past, but in my case the
>question is more one of what to keep and what to discard.  I may be wrong
>but I don't think our daughters or any other relatives I can think of
>would cherish some of the pictures, relics or memorabilia of the past and
>we are facing the need to "down size" so we can move to a smaller and less
>demanding home.

But ask them first, Mark.  I asked the question of my two daughters, and at
first they couldn't think of anything.  So when they were both here, we
walked through the house, talking about things, and it was amazing what
they saw when they looked at things intentionally.  There are now a bunch
of things with bits of tape with their initials on them.  This generated
the discussion with some of their friends, too, who came to me and said
that they would like to have some small thing with their names because they
wanted something to remember all the good times they had at our
house.  (One of the boys said he probably should ask for the refrigerator,
since that's where he spent the most time at our house.)  I'm delighted to
know that some of my dustcatchers are going to people who will treasure
them for the memories' sake.

All the rest of the stuff - the girls said to see how much we could get for
it on e-bay.

Theta