TheBanyanTree: Will

Mark Funk MARK at arboretum.umn.edu
Mon Oct 31 09:43:14 PST 2005

jer at anvilcom.com said:>>

Mark, before you toss everything, please, please give your kids the chance to come take what they want.

You might be surprised at what they might decide they want.  Or maybe not!

Of course you are right Jeri, we should give them a chance to take what they want and I also suspect they may want things we consider junk and may leave things we consider treasures, simply because they have sentimental connections to different items than we do.

In fact, I recently got a call from my oldest daughter asking about a tape we used to play when traveling with the kids.  The songs and artist weren't that famous or memorable but my daughter had fond memories of the trips listening to that tape.  I was able to track down the artist and a CD available through Amazon, which I had sent to my daughter.  A few days latter she called back to tell me she had received and listened to the CD, bawling with tears of joy, and to tell me that she loved me, in part due to those memories.

Mark