TheBanyanTree: This Woman's Crisis

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Mon Oct 24 11:28:06 PDT 2005

Refusal to make a choice is still, my dear, a choice. That is the
absurdity of it all -- that even when I defer making a choice, that is
in itself a choice. The truly difficult thing is to make the difficult
choice and stick with it. Any of us can make any kind of choice at any
time. I'm going to sound preachy, or judgmental, when that is not my
intention. I've been there, done that. And I am not particularly proud
of my actions. Should I be, because I did something, anything, to escape
a bad situation? I don't think so. I should have had, in a perfect
world, the courage to call it quits and go my separate way. Damaging,
yes. Hurtful, yes, but still a better option than the way it was
handled. If I couldn't manage by myself financially, I should have
figured it out. Anything. In my case, it was for the best, it had to be
done anyway, and I've never looked back.

Of course, we don't live in a perfect world, and we like to look for the
easy choices. I know I do. Even now, when I should be packing, and
instead I'm sitting here doing THIS. Okay, really, I need to get to
work. Now. I need to get to work now. This very minute. Our household
will not move itself. (Much to my dismay.)