TheBanyanTree: Sistahood

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 17 06:27:03 PDT 2005

I have always loved spending quality time with other girls.  When it's
ladies only, we tend to let our hair down and just be the goofy, crazy
gals we were meant to be.  Girls share, God we share.  We share lives in
such intimate detail and trust one another not to tell.  It doesn't
matter how many people *I* choose to tell my secret to, when I tell it
to another girl I expect her to lock it up in the vault and to face
death with it tightly encased behind her closed lips.  If the situation
should arise, of course.  Rarely does it get that dramatic.  Although,
with us, drama is a huge part of who we are.  I love that, too.

My favorite friends are the ones I can hug at will.  Even when we see
one another every day, a hug upon meeting can be especially rewarding
because I am genuinely so happy to see her even if it's again.  My heart
threatens to leave my chest and cuddle up next to her's, telling more
secrets.  Girls are comfortable and warm, arms encircling, mouths warmly
close to anticipating ears.  Girls are great.

I've met a girl who turned my head.  She is absolutely beautiful and
funny.  The first time I was in a group with her I was pretty close to
smitten, as close as one gal can be for another without it turning
weird.  She was as physically engaging as I am and that has never
happened before; usually I am more touchy and huggy than anyone else but
this time the other person met me touch for touch.  Her sparkling eyes
snapped with humor and she got me and I got her.  It was a lot of fun as
four of us sat around talking sex (what else) and men.  We talked kids
and homes and then back to sex and men.  Girls like to talk sex.

The second time I was with her, I discovered something I'd seen the
first time and just ignored.  My beautiful friend hates men.  She hates
men to such a bitter degree that she pretends to love them in order to
suck them in so she can hate them with a closer proximity.  I should
have acknowledged what it meant when she stood behind me whispering to
stick out my beautiful bosom as she slid her arms around me from behind
and started a slow sway.  As she predicted, the men were quite taken
with the spectacle.  For me, a spectacle that was funny and warm and
sensuous.  For her, a weapon.  Something to show me I could make them
want me with just a few choice moves.  I ignored her words at that
moment, her voice warm as honey in my ear, her ugly words saying how
stupid they were and what we could make them do if we wanted them to.
She manipulated them as a fine puppet master would and I was her
string.  I think I'm pissed off at her.

I love men.  I have a great regard and respect for them as human
beings.  I have a fine regard for them physically, loving their shapes
and physiques, their boldness and lust.  Men smell good even when they
smell bad.  Their voices boom and they swagger when the females are
around.  My heart melts when a man smiles or cries and it is then that I
could just crawl in and never come out.  I have had a few chances to be
the lone girl in a group of men and they change just as women do in a
group.  The fewer girls around, the more different they become and it is
heaven to be there.  I want to hear what they're thinking for real.  I
want to see how they interact when they aren't worried about impressing
us.  I want to see them with their hair down in all their glory, in
whatever capacity that glory is.  Even the things that irritate me leave
a fond feeling in my heart for males.  I love men.

So, I'm at war with myself.  For as much as I adore the males and
everything about them, I  felt that adoration for my new friend.  I know
I can't stick with her, however, if she can't stop her man hating and I
know she won't.  It is ingrained in her.  Like a beast hunting she looks
for the weakness, the love of women, the need for a female.  She can
smell a man wanting a woman and then she is in there making him want her
just so she can shoot him down with a cold blooded lust.  It hurts me
that this girl, so awesomely beautiful and intelligent, so warm and
sensuous, could be so horrible.  My love and respect for men won't allow
me to watch her whittle them down to a nub again, be party to the
devastation just by being there.  I'll be forced to stand and say that I
don't like it.  This will not endear me to anyone, even the women who
would agree with me.  Because of girl code.  But I won't be able to
stand by, either.  This is going to be hard because before I was aware
of this thing about her that I can't abide by, I loved her for
everything else.

I am aware of the faults of females, of the ugliness we can display.
I've just never seen it administered with such a venomous finesse
before.  It hurts, this ugly war with myself.  I won't be a winner in
any way except to know that I stood for what I believe but the ones for
which I stood won't ever even know I did it or what I sacrificed.  It
will have to be enough to know I did it for all the right reasons.  I'll
do it to keep true the fondness and love I have for men, for the awesome
respect I have for them.  I'll do it to be true to myself and what I
believe.

It'll have to be enough.

Maria