TheBanyanTree: Gorgeous

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Oct 2 05:29:40 PDT 2005

It got to 83 degrees yesterday.  I put on my shorts and spent a chunk of the
afternoon reading on our upper deck.  Our neighbors were burning branches
and brush and I eagerly got my nose into action to take in that wonderful
burnt wood smell.  There was just enough breeze to get the wind chimes to
play a little music and rustle the yellowing leaves on some of the trees and
send them gently floating to the ground where they can await my rake later
this month.

Our agent took us to three homes.  The first home was the cheapest on my
list.  It was definitely a cheapie and not for us.  It was located across
from an abandoned factory and because it violated the “location, location,
location” mantra of real estate, it was eliminated from our list.

The second house was the one I really wanted to see.  It had possibilities,
but there were too many possibilities, especially with some of the
structure, and again, it was not for us.

The last house was in a questionable neighborhood and we didn’t even go in
to look at it.  Our agent, who is quite bossy and sure of himself, said he
had an idea of what I’m looking for and where, but there is no point to look
at homes, because I can’t even make an offer at this time.  That is true.
So we went home, kind of disappointed, because no one called to look at our
house yesterday.  I know I’m way too inpatient about this, but I’m really
ready to move, I’ve sacrificed my dogs and more money than I cared to spend
on this stupid carpet, and it’s frustrating not to move when I want to.

But I couldn’t be depressed for long, because it was just too darn nice
outside.  After finishing our chores, Ray and I went for a walk along St.
Paul’s riverfront.  This is all new.  There are walking and bike paths
winding along the river all way to Fort Snelling, which is at the junction
of the Minnesota and the Mississippi Rivers.  There are new lofts and
townhouses and we looked at one of them which is selling for $684,000 – a
little out of our price range!

There were boats gliding up and down the river, full barges tied to big
poles, and everywhere there were people soaking up this wonderful warm sun.

It’s going to be nice again today, but maybe a little cooler.  We’re going
to take the boys to the apple orchard for our annual visit to collect
apples, pies, donuts, and honey.  The boys will ride the ponies, walk
through the corn maze, and pick out their pumpkins.  I’m sure the place will
be packed, but we’ll elbow our way around.

The sun is taking it’s time now waking up and it definitely goes to bed very
early, but it’s so nice on October 2 to have our windows wide open bringing
that warm and smoky air into the house.  I can hear the cardinals chirping
all in the back yard.  Yes, even though I’m in a house I don’t want anymore,
I can still enjoy this wonderful autumn.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.bpwmn.org

Men say that in this midnight hour,