TheBanyanTree: Say It Ain't So

LaLinda twigLLet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 03:55:04 PST 2005

This reminds me of Survivor, my youngest favorite show.  During the game,
some people request that they not be left in the dark and notified when it
is their turn to be voted off.  These conversations are rational, polite and
always met with complete assurances that the person in question will not be
"blind-sided," as they say, and given all the information they wish.

It almost never happens that way.  Time after time, all promises are broken
and the person in question is left stunned and smarting as they are hung out
to dry.  Is it because they are competitors?  I don't think so.  I think
it's because their team members are cowards.  They know that the
consequences of the decision they are making are not going to be pretty and
they don't have the guts to face it and deal with it and...well, you get the
picture.  They know it will be messy and they like things neat, clean and
non-guilt producing.

                               LL

                        poet, painter,
                     matcher of socks,
                     archive of random
                       snippets de trop

              mailto:twigllet at gmail.com

Just call.  Say the words.  Be honest.  Stop playing games.  For the love of
women everywhere, just stop.

Stop the madness.

Maria