TheBanyanTree: Get it Right ( a note about Katrina and FEMA)

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sat Nov 26 09:43:26 PST 2005

I don't know if it's made the National news, but it's becoming common
knowledge around here (Florida) that some of our neighbors in nearby states, those
hit by Katrina, Rita, and whatever else storm seemed to have pounded the Gulf
Coast, are getting undeserved aid.

Jus' cause a state is declared a disaster and those living there can get
money or help, doesn't mean that EVERYONE should.  A few folks are getting money
merely by being in a given zip code, even those who had no damage or loss. All
they do is fill out the proper forms, and lo, the money is sent.

Seems to me that only those suffering loss should apply and get the money.
There are so many needing help, that the govt can't check up on every claim, and
so there are folks out there defrading, taking money meant for those without
homes or homes too ravaged to live in.

Bah-humbug.

NancyLee