TheBanyanTree: Let it Snow!

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 05:44:11 PST 2005

We’ve learned that whenever our weather people predict monster snowstorms,
nothing happens.  The monster snowstorms will either slide north or south of
us as we scurry to the grocery stores to stock up on needed supplies.  My
son thinks the TV stations predict snowstorm gloom and doom in order to
crank up the ratings, which probably has some truth in it.

When the weather people say nothing about bad winter weather, that’s when we
get hit.  We didn’t exactly get hit yesterday with a monster, but it was
like a baby monster throwing a snowball at us.  The weather people told us
that the snow would come in the afternoon and that we would only get a
dusting.

There was about half inch of snow on the ground when I got up yesterday
morning, so the snow arrived early.  Then it snowed and snowed.  I
slip-slided my way home from the club after workout.  The traffic wasn’t too
bad, but I guess on the main highways there were several major pile ups.

That’s to be expected when we rarely had any snow last year.  We’ve all
forgotten how to drive in it.  Plus, I think the plow drivers and sand
drivers were caught off guard, too, and the roads weren’t well prepared for
this snow event.

The house was quiet.  Ray had gone to work and I had a rare day home alone.
I managed to get a bunch of pictures into photo albums and then stored the
digital images on my computer.  I organized and filed the negatives and
photo CDs by date.  I added a few music CDs to my ipod.  I made a grocery
list.  I shoveled snow as the last flakes were falling.  We went to the
nearly empty grocery store and stocked up since the weather people are
predicting a major winter event for early next week.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.bpwmn.org

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true
measure of our thanksgiving.
~W.T. Purkiser