TheBanyanTree: SNOW!!

LLDeMerle imijri at imijri.com
Thu Nov 10 19:05:05 PST 2005

It's snowing.  I must admit, I have been spoiled by our nice, warm days.

Oh, it stopped snowing.  Well, this is Upstate New York.  If you wait a
minute, the weather will change.  Again.  It was raining this morning, sunny
at lunchtime and yesterday it was so blustery that the wind turned my new
umbrella inside out.  I think it is the Siberacuse weather-god telling me to
not bother buying a pretty umbrella with a beautiful blue and green Monet
print on it.  It's just going to slap me down, anyway.  This blows my theory
of tolerating the stuff we get from the sky masquerading as snow, which is,
in actuality, teeny tiny balls of slush by manipulating my psyche with
gorgeous color.  Now I have a beautiful umbrella all bent to heck.

Wettest snow there is, courtesy of Lake Ontario.  Biggest snowplow in the
world, here at Hancock International.  Least amount of cloudless days, which
allows folks with skin diseases who must avoid sunlight come to live here.

I used to love the snow.  I loved the look of it, romantic that I am.  I
loved traipsing through the snow to cut down a Christmas tree and shoveling
the driveway.  I just loved snow!  But something has changed.  I've crossed
over to the dark side where my elderly aunts and uncles and friends live,
who gripe and moan and then run away to Arizona and L.A. for the winter. I
want warm sun on the back of my neck instead of globs of slush and sleet.  I
want MERCY.

                               LL

                        poet, painter,
                     matcher of socks,