TheBanyanTree: Sitting on the edge of the world....

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Mon Nov 7 11:01:13 PST 2005

I promised some TBT family pictures from my solo hiking trip to Pilot
Mountain yesterday afternoon.

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=85261131333379865/l=66425565/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Lots and lots of pics of the trees changing colors taken at various
times during the day to capture the differences as the sun fell in the
sky. Some of the sun on the cliffs because I love the cliffs...one
amusing pic of me trying to work the timer, but failing. <g> And LOTS of
the sun as it set. I stood there on the cliff clicking every few
seconds, because the sun was setting THAT fast. Glorious in person, and
the pics do not do it justice! But I tried! The last few didn't turn
out. They are supposed to show the fairy land magic of the lights coming
on down below the mountain. But the wind was so strong I couldn't keep
the camera steady. I took 104 pics and ran out of room on my card and
time as it got dark.

As the sun was setting, I met a very nice guy standing one cliff over
using his binoculars who offered them to me so I could see more details.
Reno, was his name. We chatted for a bit, oohed and ahhed over the
sunset, the mountains, the moon coming up, this and that. Wish I had
asked for his email addy so I could have sent him the link to the pics
so he could copy them. Ah, well.

I had hiked along the cliffs for a bit, settled in and leaned back, had
a wonderful prayer/quiet time in total AWE of how blessed I am to live
here. Gives me goose bumps it does, to think of how much I love it. And
that I have such a safe place to go on my own. I had to wait in line at
the top of Pilot Mountain to get a parking place, it was that busy with
ppl packing in to see the changing leaves. Found a spot within 5 minutes
and then went to my favorite cliff first. Hiked some more, settled into
a cliff niche here and there, off and on, and had SUCH a relaxing time
by myself. The pinnacle may be packed with ppl, but the cliffs are not
and it's easy to find a private spot where you feel like you are sitting
on the edge of the world.

...Sachet