TheBanyanTree: From:trippknoxious at yahoo.com

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Fri Nov 4 17:06:19 PST 2005

I get lost sometimes

Lost in wondering where I have been

And more lost in trying to find where I am

I once traveled the back roads of Puerto Rico

We counted the u-turns and teased our guide

Vamos

vamos

the drive to go is quite easy

yet finding the path is often not

cutting through rocks and mountains

engineers define roads of the shortest distance

but fail to observe the principals of least resistance

the natural path

as exemplified by water

is a meandering twisted line

where points are often left behind

and the inner path is littered with debris

civilized life is now not so easy

the path we follow is not mapped or defined

cows are corralled

sheep are herded

rivers are levied

where within the bounds does existence define itself

and where does itself define existence

the greatest engineering feat in America

abandoned and underbudgeted

corralled a beast that broke the levee

the pets drowned in oil

the survivors cut holes in their roofs to escape the shell of domicile
they called a home

and the water flowed free

the path of least resistance is now levied again

the impoverished have been removed and the realtors lick the boots of
the army

where is my path

what vision do I follow

how do I break the levees