TheBanyanTree: On Hold

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sat May 7 06:51:42 PDT 2005

We’re still trying to drag ourselves out of winter.  Spring played games
with us in early April, but the winds from the north drove it away and it
hasn’t wanted to come back.  We had spits of snow last weekend.  I wore my
heavy sweaters and corduroy pants to work on Monday and Tuesday.  Then as
the week progressed, the temperatures rose as well, and Friday was a
beautiful spring day with a blue sky, gentle winds, and warm temperatures.
I wore shorts and a T-shirt.  I was able to sit on our deck after work with
a cup of coffee and the newspaper and listen to the spring calls of birds
and children who have been released from playing indoors.

The mallard duck pair who sometimes hang out in our backyard during the
spring before the female lays her eggs have returned.  They graze under the
bird feeder and then the female  luxuriates in the bird bath while the male
watches her with an anxious look in his eye.  Our neighbors behind us have a
fire pit and had a raging fire going the other night.  I love that burnt
wood smell that lingers in the air the next day.  Our other neighbors from
behind have been celebrating Cinco di Mayo with short, but loud fireworks
displays each evening.

This morning is cloudy and cool with a threat of rain hanging over us.  At
least, it’s not snow!  I plan to go for a run, now that my knees feel normal
again.  Ever since we’ve been back from our cruise, my knees have not liked
running.  I feel fine while running, but my knee joints fill up with fluid
and ache afterwards.  I’m going to continue running, because I feel I’m
going through a rheumatoid arthritis spell and there is nothing wrong
physically with my knees.  My instincts tell me I just need to work through
this and in a few weeks I’ll be fine.  This kind of stiffness and pain in my
joints happens to me about once a year.  I keep doing what I’m doing and it
goes away.

And I finally have a free weekend to work on our house.  Ray has done most
of the painting.  We have three extremely cluttered rooms to de-clutter
before listing; the dining room, my office, and Ray’s office.  That’s my
project today – declutter these rooms!  Then Ray can paint them.  After
that, all we have to do is clean out the refrigerator and oven, super duper
dust this place, have the windows cleaned, clean the carpets, and we can
list!

Spring is on hold again and we’re kind of on hold until we complete this
project.  But we’re moving forward and I figure spring will eventually get
here, too.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

They say that age is all in your mind.  The trick is keeping it from
creeping down into your body.  ~Author Unknown