TheBanyanTree: My new business venture

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 19:59:58 PST 2005

For a small nominal fee, I will come to your house and sit quietly while
you search everywhere for missing paperwork, whether it's bank
statements, tax returns, important financial information, or crayon
drawings by your 3-year old who's now 42 and thinking about moving back
home for the fourth time since the bottom fell out of the paper clip
market. Yes, for just a small hourly fee, depending on how long you need
me to sit and wait, I can encourage you as you toss your belongings here
and there, searching for that one piece of paper, or that other piece of
paper, that will make everything right again.

If you want to pay a small additional amount, I will join in the search
myself, but this may result in my finding items you may not want found,
such as that incriminating evidence you thought was well hidden, or in
breakage of valuable artifacts you brought back from the Congo, that
once-in-a-lifetime adventure you'll never be able to have again.

Based on recent evidence, this business venture has the potential to
make me rich before my time and to increase my net worth by 750% without
having to do any actual work. I know this because just today I got to do
this twice. I sit patiently. I sift through papers and folders and boxes
left nearby with the hope that something useful will pop up.
Occasionally I get lucky. When I'm just sitting quietly I ponder how to
get rich off of people's inability to keep track of their papers . . . .
other than supervising search efforts, of course.

Now I'm going to search my own office for some very important papers. I,
however, cannot afford to pay someone to sit by and watch, so I'll ask
the dog to supervise.

Monique