TheBanyanTree: The Silver Sliver

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 05:56:10 PST 2005

I always peek out the window when I get up in the morning.  This morning I
saw a shimmering sliver of the moon hanging in the southeast sky.  The moon
didn’t have much time to be the dominant object, as the sun was beginning to
rise and ready to explode its glorious light.

The deer raided my feeders last night, so the squirrels and birds are
scrounging for leftovers.

Our black cat couldn’t get out the door fast enough on this mild  late
winter morning.  We are destined to reach the mid 50s today –
extraordinarily warm for this time of year.

Ray and I had a pause in our lives yesterday.  We didn’t have anything
scheduled.  Our Saturday was ours alone.

Spring training has started and Ray had his ear glued to the radio listening
to the Twins broadcast.

I went tanning and then for my mile run.  There were only a couple of people
in the park, so I had the paths to myself as slogged along.  I finally got a
rhythm going and I let my thoughts fly around in my head as my arms were
pumping and legs were churning.  I’m ready to increase my distance to a mile
and a half next week.  My goal is to be able to run an entire 5K by June and
I think I’ll be able to meet that goal.

We went out to eat at the local Chinese buffet restaurant.  Ray and I don’t
eat out that much anymore.  For me, it’s because I eat less at home than I
do in a restaurant.  I ate too much last night, but it still fit within my
Weight Watchers points, so I don’t feel too guilty about it.  The scale will
tell the tale later this morning.

I didn’t weigh myself last week, because I ate so much while I was in North
Carolina and I didn’t work out at all.  I didn’t want to be totally
depressed if I gained any weight.  I ate well this week and worked out every
day as well as my short runs, although they’re very short, about 10 minutes,
so I don’t count them for anything.  I hope I stayed even at least.

I am pleased, however, as I prepare for our cruise later this month, that my
weight is about 25 pounds less than last year, and I can wear my summer
clothes with some confidence.  My body looks better than it did when I lost
weight four years ago.  I think it’s because I eat less fat.

We were planning to see the Chinasaurs at the Science Museum today, but my
little grandson had the flu and pneumonia this week, so we’re not sure if he
’ll feel like going out today.  He’s such a little sweetie.

But I’m sure I’ll find plenty of spring chores to do if we can’t spend the
afternoon at the museum.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a
song.
~Chinese Proverb