TheBanyanTree: Surgical Interventions: Conspiracies

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Tue Jun 14 21:26:33 PDT 2005

You know who I'm talking about. Yeah, you. Here I am going in for
surgery on Friday, and while I know people do this ALL THE TIME, I
don't. But I must admit, my relatives are taking it rather well - so
much so that they almost have me convinced that this is nothing more
serious than getting a cavity filled. Those of them that indicate any
interest at all, that is. Mostly they're of the opinion that if they get
a Christmas card from me in several months, that'll be a good sign that
everything went well.

Anyway. Luckily I have loved ones who are not related to me.

Back to the conspiracy. I've been here minding my own business, like I
always do. Trying to get my work caught up before THE DAY. Trying to
feel okay when I don't. Hurtling towards Friday. Whatever.

Then yesterday I checked my mail. I do this every few days, or every
day, or every now and then, depending on how often I remember. (Snail
mail is not nearly as interesting as email since most of it consists of
bills.) And there were two notices that I had a package at the manager's
office. Unfortunately, it was after 8 and they hate it when I break in
to get my packages. In fact, they've threatened to contact the
authorities if I do it again. So I had to wait.

Today I stopped at the manager's office. And I found THREE packages.
Three. And none of them from the IRS! (This may not seem like a big
deal, but I am accustomed to expectations of IRS harassment despite my
conviction that it is a fine organization made up of fine individuals
who want only to serve the American public the best way they can.) I ran
home with my packages! Helped by my significant domestic partner! And I
opened them! At his urging! An owl both wise and cute! A soft fluffy
white duck! A soft gray elephant! And cards! Wow. Someone likes me.

Can it be a coincidence? Could these three people have individually
decided to take action? I suppose they COULD have . . . but is it
likely? Not much. A conspiracy! I am being conspired . . . well, not
AGAINST, so I suppose I'm being conspired FOR. Lucky me! I LOVE being
conspired for! I consider myself extremely fortunate. Extremely blessed.
I know the best people. Anywhere. I live with my most favorite person in
the whole world. And I'm surrounded, virtually, by the best people in
the world!