TheBanyanTree: Robins, and me driving Miss Jazzy

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 11:00:53 PST 2005

A rainy day, when other parts of the country wallow in snow.  I can do rain.
I noticed my Bougainvilla has started blooming again along the fence, and the
orchids in the trees. And robins. I saw robins in the pasture.  Living in the
north for so many years, how could I ever forget the distinctive sound of
their little songs?

I heard the robins  yesterday when I went out to check the water in the pond.
There they were, flocks of fat and red-breasted birds, hopping about the wet
sand shoreline of the pond. I don't know whether they were there for water or
the tiny bugs that live around there.

This morning the robins were gone, but in their place came hundreds of
finches.

Look out, you in the northland. The birds are ready to come home.

NancyLee