TheBanyanTree: A quilt of Cards and Postcards

Sheri Baity crowfly at ptd.net
Mon Jan 17 04:52:04 PST 2005

You know, well maybe you don't, but these holidays were the worst ever for
me.  I didn't even bother putting up a tree.  I never thought that they
would end.  All I wanted to do was pull the covers up over my head and sleep
my way through them.

But, I couldn't.  I have family and family always means commitments.  So I
would paint on a happy face, make my appearances, keep smiling and wish good
cheer to all, which would only last an hour at that, make a quick dash for
the door, because I could always come up with a great reason, strip the mask
out the window on the way home to my cave.

Well, the new year was differant this time.  Blessings were starting to
appear around each corner.  I was feeling happier again.  So on this past
saturday, I thought to myself, you haven't checked your post office mail box
since three days before christmas.  So I finished my coffee, got dressed and
headed to the post office.

I don't have a very big box, I wasn't expecting anything good.  But when I
opened the tiny lil door, I got the surprise of my life waiting inside for
me.  It was packed full of Christmas Cards and Christmas Post Cards!!!!!
And from whom, you might be asking... from all of you!!!!!!  My Dear Sweet
Wonderful Friends that fill the branches of this Big Ole Banyan Tree!

So saturday afternoon, January 15th, it was spent snuggling up under a cozy
blanket, opening, reading, smiling, laughing, crying, warm and spirited
tears for all of you that thought of me during the holidays.  I feel so
ashamed, but I did not have it in me this season.  Please forgive me.  And
please know how blessed I am feeling right now and How Truly Thankful I am
to each and every one of you that cared enough to extend your hand for me to
grab ahold of!!!!!!!!!  I will never be able to tell you just what this has
meant to me!

So, although a little late, allow me to Wish You All a Wonderful Blessed New
Year... may you get back what you put out there three folds.  Because what
you put out there, made the world of differance for at least one person...
me

Much Love
Crow

http://www.coldnosed.com/farmstyle.htm