TheBanyanTree: The Day the Music Died

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 04:11:29 PST 2005

I love my ipod.  It’s so cool and easy to use.  But there’s one quirk about
it.  In order to download music to my ipod, I have to first load it onto my
computer where a miracle happens and the music is converted and compressed
into a less spacious format.  Then I transfer the music from my computer
onto my 40 gig ipod.  But unless I change my ipod setting to manual, which
means I manually control transfer of my music to the ipod, all the music
stores on my computer, and when I got to over 2000 songs, it was taking up a
lot of space.  If I erase the music on my computer without changing the
manual setting on the ipod, my entire library on the ipod is erased as well.

There are ways to get around this and software programs I could download in
order not to store all my music on the my computer, so I was trying some of
them yesterday, and in my eagerness to clear out music, I accidentally
cleared out my ipod, too.  Darn!!!!!

But I knew what I did when I cleared it out, so I feel like I have a better
understanding of how the ipod works.  And all music came from my CD
collection, so I didn’t lose anything really except time.  So I’m gradually
replacing the music on the ipod with manually control so it isn’t stored on
my computer, too.

Yes, life is a continual learning experience.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

We loved with a love that was more than love.
--Edgar Allan Poe