TheBanyanTree: Catch Up

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Aug 21 05:31:11 PDT 2005

Practically the minute the plane hits the ground, the cell phones come out,
and everyone is calling someone to let them know they survived another
flight.  I usually don’t do that, but I submitted to peer pressure on Friday
evening and whipped out my cell phone, too.  I called Ray to let him know
that I was back on Minnesota soil.  Then I called my son, who was in a bar
watching the Vikings take on the Jets, and I called Susan, who told me our
younger grandson is having kidney problems.  His left kidney doesn’t seem to
get it.  Poochie is scheduled for an ultrasound on September 9.  We’re
seeing the boys today, in fact, we’re taking them to a Twins game, their
first baseball game, so Poochie will get lots of special hugs from me.

It was a beautiful August day yesterday and promises to be a beautiful one
today, too.  I wasn’t able to enjoy it much, because we had to catch up.  I
got the laundry going.  Ray mowed the grass and vacuumed the house.  I went
tanning and then drove to the pet store, where they were having a pet
adoption.  I looked at every dog and cat, but resisted temptation.  I would
love a little dog to go with my big dogs, but now is not the time.  Maybe
after we get our new house.  That’s another issue I’m going to have to deal
with this week.  We’re going to fire our current agent and get another one.

I went through all the mail, paid the bills, copied my documents from my
work lap top to a thumb drive, so I can transfer them to my work desk top
computer, and then cleaned out the cache on the lap top, since we’re not
supposed to surf the net with it and check our personal email on it, but I
do it anyway.  I would go insane if I couldn’t access my personal email
while on the road.

Ray and I went grocery shopping, so I have all my healthy food stocked on
the shelves.  My gym shoes are ready to go back on my feet and hit a
treadmill tomorrow morning.  It’s amazing how overeating and not exercising
takes its toll after just two weeks.  I’ll feel back in tune with myself
after tomorrow.

I read my Time, People, Everyday Food, and Martha Stewart’s Living magazines
while watching the Twins end their six game winning streak with some awful
extra inning pitching last night.  But that’s OK, because maybe they’ll win
today for the boys.

I talked my son into taking the bus to the game.  In his mind, riding a bus
is being low class, but it’s so convenient for something like this.  The bus
will drop us right at the Dome’s door.  We won’t have to walk blocks after
parking our car.  After the game is over, the bus will come and we can relax
and people watch as it zooms down University Avenue.  I’m embracing public
transportation in my old age and because of higher gas prices.

It’s hard to believe the State Fair will begin this week.  What happened to
summer?  I bought our discounted State Fair tickets yesterday.  The State
Fair is always the summer closer.

Well, I’ll go back to work tomorrow and spend two hours working on my
expense report.  There will be meetings to go to and documents to update,
but it will be in my own cube.  I shouldn’t have to go back to Raleigh until
October.  Thank goodness.  I’m just not the road warrior type.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.bpwmn.org

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.  ~Herm Albright