TheBanyanTree: Musical Joy

sash sash at remsset.com
Sat Sep 18 18:18:20 PDT 2004

I'm having so much fun with my Ipod.

Today I'm loading more CD's and messing with the play lists.  I thought
I'd copied some songs twice and then realized they were different versions
of the same song.

I have "Far Away" from the Tapestry album but I also have a version by Rod
Stewart and another one by Carole King but off one of the "Diva" albums
and she's singing with Aretha Franklin.

Just now I heard "Precious Memories" by Tennessee Ernie Ford, then by
Elvis, then by Bob Dylan.

I've got at two cuts of "All along the Watchtower" - Dylan and the Indigo
Girls, two of "Wonderous Love" - T.E. Ford and Anonymous 4, and an amazing
SIX versions of "Ave Maria" (OK - 2 different tunes and 3 different
languages, but it's still Ave Maria!)

The funniest is same name - TOTALLY different song: "Exodus" - one version
from the movie, the another by Bob Marley and the Wailers.

It's great to listen to my music alphabetically by song, or by year
recorded.  It's also fun to play it through the radio and put it on
shuffle so you get a great lineup like:
  "Mr Roboto" by Styx,
  "I don't care if the sun don't shine" by Patti Page,
  "Hallelulia" by Handel,
  "C'était une Histoire D'amour" by Edith Piaf,
  "Good Lovin'" by the Rascals, and
  "The Dance of the Cucumber" by Larry the Cucumber

I've lost count of the number of people who have said "What ARE we
listening to???"  Cool things is that each person says it in response to a
different song!

And what are we listening to now??

The 'world music' playlist just finished "Martha, the flower of Sweet
Strabane" by Maigbread Ni Dhomhnaill and is starting "Green Tara Mantra"
by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Is this a great toy or what??

-sash