TheBanyanTree: From my friend and landlady in Melbourne Beach

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Wed Sep 1 09:40:56 PDT 2004

We are heading up in about an hour.  Florence is suppose to reach
landfall Saturday.  It is headed for Melbourne Beach and is a category
5!.  So long house!  Catastrophic Devastation.  That's what the
meteorologist just said.  Funny how it all becomes so meaningless.  I
remember a Twilight Zone episode where they were leaving earth and
heading to the unknown.  The wife tidied up the kitchen out of habit
before leaving, knowing that Earth would no longer be.  I felt her this
morning as I carried out the garbage and started the dishwasher.  I
fluffed the couch pillows and made the bed.  All nice and neat, a house
that may not be there when I get back.  I looked around and smiled.  I
didn't take the kids drawings or photos this time.  I smiled because its
all up here.  That is all that matters.  See you in a couple of days.

Love,  Eda