TheBanyanTree: The Usual

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Oct 24 04:34:15 PDT 2004

It was too wet and chilly yesterday to begin cleaning out the garage so we
can have room to put in the summer stuff.  Even though we’ve had a freeze,
most of my outside potted plants are still blooming away, so they have a
week’s reprieve before I begin to dump them out.

Ray vacuumed and I did the dishes and the laundry.  I made a Weight Watchers
’ pumpkin cheesecake recipe.  It wasn’t made with cream cheese, but called
for low fat cottage and ricotta cheese instead.  It didn’t taste as sweet
and rich as a cheesecake normally might, but it was OK.  In Weight Watchers
speak it was three points.  It’s a lower calorie alternative to real
cheesecake which I could eat until my stomach explodes.

I’m working on organizing a panel of female politicians that will be in
January for my women’s organization.  I sent letters last month to a group
of them trying to pin down a good date.  Now we have a date, so I spent most
of the afternoon sending out letters informing them of that.

We pigged out (or I did) on pizza.  It’s my once a week special treat.

We watched the World Series – Ray cheered every time Boston scored.  I began
to read The Plot Against America by Philip Roth.  It describes what America
would have been like if Charles Lindbergh had been elected President in 1940
instead of Roosevelt.

I went to bed at 10 pm.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net