TheBanyanTree: Please send help

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Thu Oct 14 14:19:48 PDT 2004

I'm trapped here, inside this screen. Or on this couch, with my laptop and
my client files. And no one is calling. Despite tomorrow being tax deadline
day, and several people that I know of who need to get their stuff done
prior to midnight tomorrow night, they're not getting me the information I
need. It's quiet, too quiet, if you know what I mean, the kind of quiet that
comes before chaos, the kind of quiet that causes me to go to my front door,
open it, and look out to see if there is still a world out there.

There is, I checked earlier when Colver went to work. I didn't venture any
farther than my porch, didn't even go down the stairs, so I don't know if
there's anything out there, but the scenery looks the same. That's a good
sign, isn't it?

I'd go out and do some shopping that must be done but I've had a little
problem with my online bank holding a large deposit for what they say was
five days. However, that's five business days, and in real life it turns out
to be ten days. Ten days without this money that I need. And my clients are
not cooperating. One of them gave me a check yesterday but said he'd have to
let me know if it was any good. Two of my clients had to go to Hawaii on
vacation, separately, they don't even know each other, but they are both
hairstylists, and couldn't pay me before they left. Of course not. They have
vacation expenses to think of. Me, I just need some food. I am hoping that
the client I see later today can manage to give me a good check -- he
usually does. I've just learned not to count on anything, so it's always a
pleasant surprise when I do get any money.

Client who gave me bad check yesterdays wants five years of tax returns done
by the end of the month so his father will forgive a large loan he made to
him. He does not have all the info needed, of course. I sent him an email
today asking if he can afford to pay for the five years (1997 - 2001) of tax
returns before I work on them -- if he can't pay my regular fees, I'm not
doing all those tax returns.

But enough about me. What have you been up to? You don't write anymore. You
don't call. It's as if you've forgotten I'm out here. Needing help. If
nothing else, send cookies . . . I work better on a full stomach . . . and
cookies usually work. Except when they don't. Which is when I've overdosed
on too many cookies and start craving something else. Like pretzels.

I'm rambling now. I'll stop and get back to work. If you send help.