TheBanyanTree: Morning Blessings and Evening Bliss 10/13

Sheri Baity crowfly at ptd.net
Thu Oct 14 05:15:53 PDT 2004

I woke up this morning around 4 a.m.  Every motion in me was busy talking
myself out of hunting.  There was no point going coyote hunting because I'm
not supposed to get my next coyote until this late winter/early spring.  If
I go bow/archery hunting, I would just be scaring them off of the field
before daylight.  So why bother, I'll just set here at home and drink my
coffee and see what is on TV.

That lasted until 5:55 a.m. as it only took me 5 minutes to get dressed,
grab my stuff and hit the four wheeler.  There was a wind cloud cover over
the morning sky.  It was almost ominous driving through the fields with no
head light on.  I felt as if there would be messages when the sun would pull
the night time shades and peek out into the day.  And there was.

The maples are in full changing, brilliant colors at this moment.  Reds,
Yellows, Golds with dotted pieces of hemlock peeking throughout.  I drop the
gear down two as I coast down the steep side hill and sneak into my round
bale castle, pulling the butt of the four wheeler in tight as if to close
the door.

I see I have just sent a deer running off, out of the swamp.  Hopefully,
when things settle back down, it will return.  As I set upon my bucket,
engulfed within my round bale castle, my mind rambles on with thoughts,
prayers, wishes, hopes and dreams.  I've felt so alone lately, I can almost
convince myself that there is no one listening... sigh.  And then, I
remember Great Spirit and all that has been given to me.  I quickly release
those foolish thoughts of him not being in my life.

Creator is going all out on his water color portrait this morning with his
sky canvas.  Grandfather sun is slowly winning to darkness.  Ahhh... there
it starts.  My first CAW of the morning as Raven fly's from the hemlock and
straight over top of me with greetings of glory.  My feathered friends,
Raven and Crow, have found my gift of food the past few days.  Within
seconds of that first morning CAW, they all show up.  My fields are filled
with their music of singing and chatting.  No worries anymore of scaring off
game, they will liven up the fields before long making all other animals
feel safe to come out.

My morning sky above my castle prongs are filling with jet black wings, one
by one, flying over me and saying Hello.  Maybe five minutes have passed and
just like I knew, out come all the deer to feed.  What they see is Crow and
Raven out there frolicking in the fields, must be alright if they are
there... grins  I can always count on my feathered friends to start the
party.

Two small bucks are trying to play manhood with their sparring at the edge
of the corn field.  A curious doe comes out of the locust to check out the
action, but she is not as interested in them as they want her to be.  She
quickly runs down into the rye and eats away at her breakfast.  Two huge
eight points start sparring deep in the swamp and fear seems to have set in
with the little bucks as they go back to eating.  Their pinging of prongs is
nothing compared to the sound that is coming from the big boys.

Does and lil ones are around as well.  They are safe this morning, I'm out
for a nice buck with my bow.  My feathered friends are still singing to me
as they eat.  Before long, they are flying wing dances in circles above my
head and quicly flying back to their feed, as if to Thank me.  Tears are
breaking my hardened exterior as there is no fighting it now.  My once empty
spirit this morning is filled now with Love of my friends wanting to share
in their multi language with me and feast on food that only is within 50
yards from me.

So, out of my pocket comes my crow call as I join in the conversation.  This
pleases them greatly.  Some tones I will never pick up, but there are some
that are right up there with theirs.  Two barking coyotes are heard in the
woods that border the swamp.  I know they will not show their faces to me,
but it is nice to hear them greet me as well.  That's alright, we will dance
this spring.  There is coldness in the air this morning.  Fall is truly
here.  I must remember to dress better while I'm out.

The deer have now bedded, my big buck didn't come out and the winged ones
are well fed.  It's time for my parting as I find it so hard to tear myself
away from all of Great Spirits beauty this morning...  I feel sadness
again.....

Oh Great Spirit, I Thank You for my Morning... May there be more before I
leave these hills.

Da-Ho
Crow Woman

http://www.coldnosed.com/farmstyle.htm