TheBanyanTree: The Weenie and the Yuck Hero: A Tale of Amazing Love

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Thu Nov 18 04:49:58 PST 2004

"The keeper of crap chores is a hero but not an unsung hero.  I am
acutely aware of his efforts and how he enriches me when he agrees to
do
what I cannot.  I don't take his sacrifices for granted.  I love him
back to the best of my abilities and always give him the credit he is
due.  I am truly, truly blessed."

Your husband sounds like my brother-in-law....and my sister, like you,
is smart enough to be grateful.  When my mother was ill and in a nursing
home, he even did her crap chores that gagged both my sister and I
equally....one of them being the cutting of her toenails (among many
other crappier chores).  I don't know why that one seemed so repulsive
to us but it did and he was ever faithful.  In my mother's fog, even she
knew and was thankful.

Lucky you AND my sister!!!

Sharon