TheBanyanTree: mean drunk vs. happy drunk

Sachet Sachet at alltel.net
Sat Nov 20 09:19:04 PST 2004

The cat drugs worked great for the long car trip, as we moved from southwest Florida
to northwest North Carolina two weeks ago.

With interesting results....

Jolie, my loving, affectionate, happy-go-lucky little angel kitten turns
into a wicked mean growling mass of outraged fur when stoned outta her
lil' head. We laughed and giggled so much as we watched her in the
travel carrier, head bobbing around, obnoxiously growling at Misk, who
was as high as a kite and loving it. Misk, who is usually a bit
tentative and sensitive found all was right with the world when she was
drugged.

You could just hear her thoughts...."Man, this is great stuff. I feel so
gooooooooooooood. I love you, Jolie, even if you are grouchy today. I
love you soooooooooo much, Mom. I love you wonderful family of mine.
Hey, Kessie(dog), I even love you now, too. I love everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrybody."
And she purred and purred and purred. No matter what we did, she was
happy. Didn't want to use her litter box because she was too busy
looking into my eyes, happy as a clam, purring away, trying to rub
against my face, making sure I knew she loved me and that she was happy,
happy, happy.

Jolie, on the other hand, was totally ticked off. "Don't EVEN touch the
carrier. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Take your hands away from me!! Make
Misk get off of me! I don't have to go potty. I DO NOT want to step into
the litter box. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Go away! Make it all go away.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I hate your dirty stinkin' guts.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

When we got to the hotel room, Misk was delighted to go exploring,
meowing and telling me allllllll about how hApPy she was and how much
she loooooved us. Jolie stalked around the room hissing at anything that
moved (or appeared to be moving in her drug induced stupor) and growling
anytime anyone opened or closed the door.

We about fell over laughing so hard.

Fortunately, they both approve of their new home, even sober.

 :-)

...Sachet

(Ok, Dobster, your turn. I double-dog dare ya. <g>)