TheBanyanTree: Neat Little Story!

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Mon Nov 15 12:33:32 PST 2004

Thought this was wonderful so I wanted to share it with you:

During his speech at my cousin's graduation, Bill Cosby was making the
point that true wisdom comes not from a classroom but from life. When he
was in college, he said, his class endlessly discussed the question: Is
the glass half full or half empty? So Cosby asked his grandmother the
same question. She had it all figured out: "Depends on whether you're
pouring or drinking."
--Contributed to "Life in These United States" by Jennifer McGeorge