TheBanyanTree: It was a miracle, or not.

Mark Funk MARK at arboretum.umn.edu
Wed Nov 10 08:03:52 PST 2004

Recently I got in the habit of putting my watch, ring, and pen in my pants pocket in the evening to make sure I have them with my when I dress in the morning.  If I don't I'm likely to leave them at home.

One day last week I arrived at work and realized I had not taken them out of my pocket, so I proceeded to do so.  I found my pen and put it in my shirt pocket and found my watch and put it on.  But my ring wasn't in my pants pocket.  I thought it must have fallen out of my pocket at some point.

I checked the floor around my desk with no luck so I decided I'd have to look for it when I went home.  I checked the hall, walkway and parking lot on the way to my car.  I checked inside my car.  I checked the garage and hallways when I got home.  I didn't find the ring.  Where could it be?

A short while later I sat down and as I did I looked down at my left hand.  There was the ring, on my finger, right where it was supposed to be!  It was a miracle!  Or ..... could it be?  Could I have actually put it on my finger before I took out my watch and pen, forgotten I did so, and then looked for it all day without checking my finger?

I think I'll go with the miracle story.

Mark