TheBanyanTree: Martha's friend

LLDeMerlè imijri at twcny.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 08:21:08 PST 2004

A sight.

Son lying on sofa with a spasm in his back, unable to walk, watching Martha
Stewart.  By choice.

Stephen has been very worried about Martha Stewart.  Her show was on, in the
living room, one day last year when he was home from school.

"Look at that!" he exclaims.

"She is out there working on her shed all by herself without any help!"

I told him there were plenty of people behind the camera, so she wasn't all
alone, but I think the point is that Stephen thinks Martha Stewart is a real
man and admires her prowess with a hammer.

Soon, he began to watch her in her kitchen.  Not long after that, Martha's
troubles began and Stephen came him one day, quite distressed.

"Mom!  I saw a picture of Martha Stewart on a paper at the store and it says
she gained a lot of weight!  She looks awful!  Do you think she's all
right?"

This kind of concern cropped up throughout Martha's ordeal, and I hesitated
to tell him her bad news when the time came.

He wonders why she was convicted of insider trading if she isn’t an insider.
He wonders why she is not in jail as he watches her decorate Easter eggs,
this morning.  I didn’t bring up the topic of taping and re-runs, should
they be applicable, not being a big Martha fan, myself.

I'll just let him lie on the sofa and watch her and let them work it out.

      .
        *'+. .+'*
             *

always treat language like a dangerous toy
-- anselm hollo